To provide overall leadership to Clinical Services at Houston Physicians’ Facilities to ensure the delivery of efficient, quality care to all patients. This is a hands-on, comprehensive position responsible for the execution of all functions in Clinical Services. Clinical Services includes the inpatient unit, the emergency department, and other clinical services as assigned.
- BSN minimum, Masters Preferred
- Licensure as registered nurse
- Minimum of 5 years management experience in cardiology, medical-surgical patient care and emergency services
- Certification in BLS, ACLS, and PALS required
Category I exposure to bloodborne pathogens, frequent exposure to chemical hazards and may encounter radiation hazards.
- Provides administrative and strategic leadership for clinical services
- Completes tasks as requested by CNO
- Participates in the development and implementation of long-range strategic plans, goals, and objectives
- Drives the culture across Clinical Services resulting in improved patient experience and enhanced employee engagement
- Consults with medical staff leadership with regard to medical issues
- Responsible for Clinical Service Line growth
- Responsible for overseeing the daily management and coordination of clinical services.
- Interviews candidates for inpatient unit, emergency department, and other assigned unit positions and makes recommendations for hiring or termination of employment
- Collaborates with Joint Solutions Center Coordinator and Spine Solutions Center Coordinator regarding initiatives and patient care needs
- Collaborates with Case Manager in management of patient care
- Works closely with the CNO and Quality Director to review and revise current facility policies and procedures
- Collaborates with the clinical educator to arrange in-service programs and schedule staff meetings
- Coordinates, assigns, and/or provides relief coverage according to needs of the clinical areas.
- Coordinates vacation and time off schedules.
- Oversees completion of annual evaluations and monitors job performance of nursing staff
- Monitors efficient ordering of supplies and forwards purchase requests for capital equipment to senior leadership.
- Meets with manufacturer representatives regarding updates on equipment and new products.
- Serves as a member of the Continuous Quality Improvement Committee to report data and preventive/corrective action plans.
- Reviews variance reports filed by staff members. Completes investigative documentation as appropriate.
- Participates in accreditation and regulatory surveys.
- Manages a comprehensive range of programs with the objectives of improving the quality/value services available to patients and physicians, and improving the overall efficiency, service, and profitability
- Establishes policy and standards of nursing care and practice consistent with the CNO’s clinical strategy