Supply Chain Manager - Hospital
Responsibility for maintaining the supply inventory in a cost saving and timely manner. Determines and maintains appropriate inventory levels of materials required to meet the requirements of the surgical schedule.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Working knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience in materials management preferred
- Computer experience required
- Require language skills adequate for high-level written and interpersonal communication in American English.
Category II exposure to bloodborne pathogens, frequent exposure to chemical hazards and may encounter radiation hazards.
- Demonstrates knowledge of appropriate vendors to obtain appropriate equipment and supplies.
- Maintains files in accordance to Facility Inventory Control Process.
- Maintains current files, records and catalogs for equipment vendors and sales representatives who service surgery center.
- Performs research of information and vendors to locate specialized equipment as requested by the medical staff and approved by the Board of Managers.
- Meets with vendor representatives to review new items available and changes in pricing.
- Understands responsibility in maintaining proper levels of inventory and timely distribution.
- Coordinates the placement of purchase orders in a timely manner when requisitioned by various departments.
- Monitors to determine that orders are delivered an in place as needed
- Supervises receiving area to maintain stores securely and that supplies have been received and recorded according to Facility Policy and Procedures.
- Assists with supply, drug and equipment inventories to maintain stock level and availablity.
- Demonstrates appropriate response to changes and fluctuation in schedule to avoid delay in providing equipment and overstocking inventories.
- Reviews schedules well in advance to foresee3 any unusual high or low demand of supplies.
- Continually communicates with the Operating Room Manager regarding special procedure requirements.
- Demonstrates knowledge of appropriate systems for the collection and maintenance of records and documentation pertinent to supplies, equipment, and systems.
- Verifies that packing slips and purchase orders have been coordinated according to policy and reports any discrepancies to the accounting department. Adherence to the Policy and Procedure: Inventory Control Process.
- Monitors back orders and communicates with accounting office to assure accurate payment.
- Reports any discrepancies to accounting department before payment of invoices.
- Reviews files and records regarding orders and back orders at specific intervals to assure delivery and to determine delays.
- Coordinates physical inventory count process with Facility Administrator according to Policy and Procedure: Conducting Physical Count.
- Maintains records of warranties and preventive maintenance requirements and contracts.
- Maintains logs of linen supplies
- Maintains supplies and records for biohazardous waste management.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit, converse, and listen; use hands to touch, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; and to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must be able to lift and/or carry over 20 pounds on a regular basis and be able to push/pull over 25 pounds on a regular basis.
- The employee must be able to stand and/or walk at least five hours per day.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.