Physical Therapist Assistant (Full-Time) - Humble
The Physical Therapist Assistant position will be responsible for daily patient physical therapy treatment involving frequent phone and in person interaction with both patients and physicians. PTA will provide patient care as prescribed by the referring physician based on the evaluation, assessment and design of the Physical Therapist. PTA will participate in patient education services as directed by the Physical Therapist. PTA assists with maintenance and updating of patient case files.
REPORTS TO: Director/Administrator of Physical Therapy
- State Physical Therapy Assistant licensure required.
- General physical therapy assistant experience in sports and industrial medicine experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate in a friendly and professional manner with both patients and physicians.
- Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to accurately document information for billing purposes.
- Computer experience in windows, spreadsheets, and word processing preferred
- Daily patient physical therapy treatment supervised by the Physical Therapist utilizing qualified skills as determined by skills test.
- Participate in treatment plan review and ongoing patient care reassessments.
- Accurate documentation to ensure timely and correct billing.
- Ensure compliancy when billing Medicare.
- Provide exceptional customer service when interacting with patients and physicians.
- Provides necessary educational services and participates in facility in-service activities.
- Works to ensure a safe and clean facility including physical plant and equipment maintenance and supply inventory upkeep.
- Assumes any other responsibilities that may be assigned by the Director of Physical Therapy.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit, converse, and listen; use hands to touch, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; and to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must be able to life and/or carry over 20 pounds on a regular basis and be able to push/pull over 25 pounds on a regular basis.
- The employee must be able to stand and/or walk at least five hours per day.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.