Operating Room EVS Tech (Full-Time)
Under supervision of the O.R. Management and Registered Nurse following established procedures, assists with the care of the patient in the operating room by transporting and lifting/positioning for surgery. Cleaning and assisting in operating room turnovers and by specialty equipment setup for the surgical procedure. Maintains general cleanliness and maintenance of the department.
BLS certified within 1 month of hire
Cooperative work attitude toward and with co-employees, management, patients, visitors, physicians, and ability to effectively communicate with others
High School graduate or G.E.D. equivalent
Physical strength to move and lift equipment safely
- Assists in maintaining a healthy, clean, and safe environment for the patient and staff.
- Gathers, moves, assembles, disassembles, and cleans OR equipment, OR tables, specialty equipment, positioning devices.
- Assures that needed equipment is available and in good working order prior to use.
- Demonstrates knowledge of proper functioning and set up of specialty equipment needed
- Demonstrates knowledge of sterile technique.
- Assists OR staff in positioning of patients, and transfer/transport of patients into and out of the OR.
- Assists in set up and tear down of OR suites before and after cases.
- Participates in timely and efficient OR room turnover.
- Cleans and disinfects OR and OR equipment.
- Proactively anticipates equipment needs.
- Completes work assignments within an acceptable time frame.
- Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities.
- Strictly adheres to hospital policies regarding hand hygiene, universal precautions, and personal protective equipment.
- Uses proper body mechanics and safety devices to lift and transport safely.
- Understands the protocol for responding to emergency situations and the importance of remaining calm in this situation.
- Participates in staff meetings, in-service programs and educations requirements as assigned.
- Communicates all pertinent information, including problems, concerns or ideas to the assigned nurse, utilizing appropriate lines of authority, in a timely and effective manner.
- Promotes a constructive/positive atmosphere within the work area by demonstrating the ability to cooperate with and assist fellow health team members.
- Other duties as assigned.