Admitting Registration Clerk - Expansion (PRN)
Coordinates the reception area activities to promote communication throughout the Facility. Provides excellence customer service to all patients and team members. Registers patients with a high degree of accuracy. Performs clerical and reception duties.
- Excellent communication skills required
- Two years clerical experience preferred
- Two years of Healthcare Registration experience preferred
- Requires language skills adequate for written and interpersonal communication in American English
- Requires visual and auditory acuity adequate to monitor patient and visitor activity and for frequent use of computers and occasional use of other business office equipment
- Ability to sit for long periods and to perform desk and office activities
Category III exposure to bloodborne pathogens and may encounter chemical hazards.
- Admits patients to the Facility following the established policies and procedures.
- Assembles patient medical record forms and prepares patient identification. Obtain proper signatures on all necessary forms.
- Verifies with patient that patient demographic information is correct in the EMR system. Corrects any errors in information in the EMR system.
- Assists Financial Counselor in obtaining pertinent information to register patient and attaches proper means to document patient identity.
- Enters all demographics with a high level of accuracy.
- Participates in Lean Daily Management (LDM) presentations and completes documentation on LDM charts as needed.
- Monitors waiting area and notifies pre-op when patients are ready in a timely manner.
- Provides pertinent information to the patient's family in the waiting area according to policies and procedures.
- Scans copy of insurance and ID cards into patient’s record. Makes notes on the patient account if insurance or ID card is not available.
- Proactively seeks solutions to address patient issues and concerns. Offers assistance without being prompted and takes the initiative to perform other tasks when the area slows down.
- Offers suggestions to improve the level of service that will improve patient satisfaction scores. Alerts management in a timely manner, to any unusual and/or difficult situations impacting the level of service.
- Coordinates reception area activities for effective communication with all areas of the Facility.
- Assesses patient financial responsibility and collects co-pays and deductibles at time of admission. Post payments daily and reconcile all monies.
- Maintains the confidentiality, security and physical safety of Facility medical records. Maintains and protects each patient's right to confidentiality. Maintains and controls the release of information to authorized persons only.
- Answers telephone and intercom courteously and in a quiet, pleasant voice. Accepts and relays messages effectively.
- Identifies emergencies and initiates appropriate response. Calls proper codes on overhead paging system without hesitation.
- Works in collaboration with all areas of the revenue cycle to identify and resolve issues and or barriers.
- Greets patients and subsequently provides the highest level of customer service possible.
- Maintains order and cleanliness of the front desk.
- Assists in maintaining cost‑effectiveness by preventing waste of supplies.
- Coordinates obtaining diagnostic tests and places diagnostic test reports in appropriate section of patient medical record. Maintains a filing system that meets Facility requirements for medical records.
- Reports to shift as scheduled while maintaining an accurate time sheet.
- Performs interdepartmental errands when needed.
- Assumes clerical duties and responsibilities as necessary. Assists in ordering and stocking clerical supplies.
- Performs other tasks as requested.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit, converse, and listen; use hands to touch, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; and to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must be able to lift and/or carry over 20 pounds on a regular basis and be able to push/pull over 25 pounds on a regular basis.
- The employee must be able to stand and/or walk at least five hours per day.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.