Cert Nurse Assistant Inpatient Days (Full-TIme) - Expansion
Carries out basic patient care under the supervision of a registered nurse in accordance with the standards of care for the center. Demonstrates the appropriate skills and ability, based on level of training and scope of practice, to care for patients based on the age of the patient. Age groups may include the infant, toddler, school age/adolescent, adult and older adult.
Reports To: Clinical Director
Current CNA certification
Current BLS certification
Demonstrates ability to stand and/or walk at least five hours per day
Demonstrates ability to lift and/or carry over 20 pounds on a regular basis
Demonstrates ability to push/pull over 25 pounds on a regular basis
Category I exposure to bloodborne pathogens, frequent exposure to chemical hazards and may encounter radiation hazards.
1. Assists in the care of assigned patients as directed by appropriate nursing staff.
2. Demonstrates awareness of and sensitivity to patient and family rights, as identified by the center.
3. Performs his/her duties in accordance with the job requirements.
4. Understands the protocol for responding to emergency situations and the importance of remaining calm in this situation.
5. Participates in staff meetings, in-service programs and educational requirements as appropriate.
6. Communicates all pertinent information, including findings, problems, concerns or ideas to the assigned nurse, utilizing appropriate lines of authority, in a timely and effective manner.
7. Promotes a constructive/positive atmosphere within the work area by demonstrating the ability to cooperate with and assist fellow health team members as well as patients and families.
8. Seeks guidance and assistance from the assigned nurse when knowledge base and skill level is in question