Supply Chain Clerk (PRN) - expansion
Responsible for assisting and performing specified Supply Chain duties.
- High School Diploma required.
- Previous experience in healthcare preferred.
- Experience with Healthcare Materials Management Information System preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office applications which include Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Category I exposure to blood borne pathogens, frequent exposure to chemical hazards and may encounter radiation hazards.
- Requisition/place routine and non-routine orders through the Information System, as required.
- Receive routine and non-routine purchase orders through the Information System, as required.
- Assist with setting and establishing min/max levels.
- Assist with Capital Equipment Requests (CER) process.
- Assist and perform physical counts.
- Deliver/distribute/replenish supplies/equipment/linen to departments, as needed.
- Assist Supply Chain Manager in maintaining inventory levels.
- Maintain information system item master, as directed by Supply Chain Manager.
- Coordinate return shipments and maintain return log.
- Keep shelves and storage bins clean and organized.
- Participates in Supply Value Analysis Committee (SVAC) as required.
- Monitor back-orders.
- Identify and monitor slow moving items.
- Notify department managers and staff of backorders and help to find alternatives
- Ability to contact Biomed or Vendor to handle broken equipment
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit, converse, and listen; use hands to touch, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; and to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must be able to lift and/or carry over 20 pounds on a regular basis and be able to push/pull over 25 pounds on a regular basis.
- The employee must be able to stand and/or walk at least five hours per day.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.