Environmental Services Technician (PRN)
To ensure a safe environment for patients, personnel and visitors to the In-Patient suites. To maintain a clean, orderly hospital with efficient turnover schedule. Supports the philosophy, objectives and goals of the Center
High school graduate or equivalent, with a minimum of one year experience in institutional cleaning.
Demonstrates a good knowledge of housekeeping and the guidelines for infectious waste.
Demonstrates ability to stand and/or walk at least five hours per day.
Demonstrates ability to lift and/or carry over 20 pounds on a regular basis.
Demonstrates ability to push/pull over 25 pounds on a regular basis.
Category I exposure to bloodborne pathogens, frequent exposure to chemical hazards and may encounter radiation hazards.
1. Responsible for handling of all trash in Hospital. Will bag in appropriate bags and follow established guidelines for infectious waste.
2. Follows proper procedures regarding exposure to Category I tasks.
3. Follows proper procedures for handling hazardous waste materials.
4. Responsible for dirty linen in the Hospital.
5. Ability to follow written or oral instructions. Ability to work well with others, present a neat appearance and pleasant manner.
6. Takes on additional duties as asked by the Facility Engineer.
7. Responsible for requesting housekeeping supplies from the Facility Engineer.
8. Informs Facility Engineer of any noted malfunctions of equipment.
9. Assists in stocking Housekeeping supplies.
10. Maintains all eating areas and waiting areas
11. Maintains all restrooms in the hospital and stocks supplies needed such as soap, paper towels, and toilet paper.
12. Vacuum all carpeted areas as needed
13. Cleans all windows on a monthly basis.
14. Will follow scheduled cleaning duties as outlines in guidelines.