Physical Therapist (PRN) - Houston
Responsible for daily patient physical therapy treatment involving frequent phone and in person interaction with both patients and physicians. Will provide patient care as prescribed by the referring physician, including evaluation and assessment, design of treatment programs, implementation and supervision of treatment programs and educational services. Will also maintain and update patient case files.
Reports To: Clinic Manager
- Must be a graduate of an accredited physical therapy curriculum.
- Posses a current CPR Card.
- State Physical Therapy licensure required.
- General physical therapy, sports and industrial medicine experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate in a friendly and professional manner with both patients and physicians.
- Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to accurately document information for billing purposes.
- Proficient in MS Office applications which include Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Daily patient physical therapy treatment.
- Review of treatment protocols with prescribing physician.
- Participate in treatment plan review and ongoing patient care reassessments.
- Accurate documentation to ensure timely and correct billing.
- Ensure compliancy when billing Medicare.
- Leadership ability to direct and assist other clinical staff as necessary.
- Provide exceptional customer service when interacting with patients and physicians.
- Provides necessary educational services and participates in facility in-service activities.
- Works to ensure a safe and clean facility including physical plant and equipment maintenance and supply inventory upkeep.
- Assumes any other responsibilities that may be assigned by the Director of Physical Therapy.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit, converse, and listen; use hands to touch, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; and to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must be able to lift and/or carry over 20 pounds on a regular basis and be able to push/pull over 25 pounds on a regular basis.
- The employee must be able to stand and/or walk at least five hours per day.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.