The Staff Accounting position supports the company by assisting the Senior Staff Accountant with the preparation of journal entries, monthly close responsibilities, accounts payable assistance, general ledger reconciliations, and other special projects.
Reports To: Senior Staff Accountant
- One to two years of hospital accounting preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related required
Category III exposure to blood borne pathogens and may encounter chemical hazards.
- Prepare and complete journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations with appropriate supporting documentation in accordance to GAPP, all governing laws and in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Review and analyze general ledger accounts to ensure accurate account balances for monthly and year-end closing.
- Responsible for performing multiple cash reporting and reconciliation.
- Assist Accounts Payable department, for vacations, illness or backlogs.
- Assist departments in understanding their departmental operations reports.
- Assist Senior Staff Accountant with departmental Operating and Capital Budgets. Provides support to department managers in preparation of their budgets.
- Assist staff with the physical inventory count and valuation.
- Assist supervisor in identifying ways to streamline workload and improve processes
- Assist in compilation of Medicare Cost Report.
- Assist with external and internal audit accounting requests.
- Provide support to the Senior Staff Accountant by completing special projects and other periodically assigned duties.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit, converse, and listen; use hands to touch, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; and to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must be able to lift and/or carry over 20 pounds on a regular basis and be able to push/pull over 25 pounds on a regular basis.
- The employee must be able to stand and/or walk at least five hours per day.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.