Operating Room EVS Tech (FT)
Under supervision of the O.R. Management and Registered Nurse following established procedures, assists with the care of the patient in the operating room by transporting and lifting/positioning for surgery. Cleaning and assisting in operating room turnovers and by specialty equipment setup for the surgical procedure. Maintains general cleanliness and maintenance of the department.
BLS certified within 1 month of hire
Cooperative work attitude toward and with co-employees, management, patients, visitors, physicians, and ability to effectively communicate with others
High School graduate or G.E.D. equivalent
Physical strength to move and lift equipment safely
- Assists in maintaining a healthy, clean, and safe environment for the patient and staff.
- Gathers, moves, assembles, disassembles, and cleans OR equipment, OR tables, specialty equipment, positioning devices.
- Assures that needed equipment is available and in good working order prior to use.
- Demonstrates knowledge of proper functioning and set up of specialty equipment needed
- Demonstrates knowledge of sterile technique.
- Assists OR staff in positioning of patients, and transfer/transport of patients into and out of the OR.
- Assists in set up and tear down of OR suites before and after cases.
- Participates in timely and efficient OR room turnover.
- Cleans and disinfects OR and OR equipment.
- Proactively anticipates equipment needs.
- Completes work assignments within an acceptable time frame.
- Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities.
- Strictly adheres to hospital policies regarding hand hygiene, universal precautions, and personal protective equipment.
- Uses proper body mechanics and safety devices to lift and transport safely.
- Understands the protocol for responding to emergency situations and the importance of remaining calm in this situation.
- Participates in staff meetings, in-service programs and educations requirements as assigned.
- Communicates all pertinent information, including problems, concerns or ideas to the assigned nurse, utilizing appropriate lines of authority, in a timely and effective manner.
- Promotes a constructive/positive atmosphere within the work area by demonstrating the ability to cooperate with and assist fellow health team members.
- Other duties as assigned.