Physical Therapy Tech (PRN)
The Physical Therapy Technician position will have responsibility for assisting the Physical Therapist or Physical Therapy assistant with daily patient physical therapy treatment. Will provide assistance with patient care based on instructions by the P.T. or P.T.A. Will assist the P.T. in patient education services performed by the Physical Therapist. Will assist with maintenance and updating of patient case files. Will assist the Business Office in assigned patient care related tasks including scheduling, filing, copying and patient authorizations.
High School diploma required; college preferred
Must have Patient Care Technician certification or on the job training; minimum six months experience in patient care or completion of PCYT or CAN programs
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate in a friendly and professional manner with both patients and physicians
Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to accurately document information for billing purposes
Computer experience in windows, spreadsheets, and word processing preferred
Office Environment requires language skills adequate for effective written and interpersonal communication in American English.
- Assist P.T. with daily patient therapy treatment utilizing skills which have been certified or trained by the P.T. and are not considered P.T. skilled activities as defined by the state licensing agency.
- Maintains linen supply in Facility
- Organizes equipment and supplies needed for treatments
- Straightens and maintains physical order in department
- Provide exceptional customer service when interacting with patients and physicians
- Monitors supply inventory and reports reorder needs to Supervisor
- Reports need for equipment repairs to Supervisor
- Provides necessary educational services and participates in Facility in-service activities
- Works to ensure a safe and clean facility including physical plant and equipment maintenance and supply inventory upkeep
- Assumes any other responsibilities that may be assigned by the Director or Administrator of Physical Therapy
- Assist with clinical business office assignments as requested
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit, converse, and listen; use hands to touch, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; and to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee must be able to life and/or carry over 20 pounds on a regular basis and be able to push/pull over 25 pounds on a regular basis.
The employee must be able to stand and/or walk at least five hours per day.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.