Medical Coding Manager
The position will be responsible for planning, leading and organizing the operations of the medical coding staff. The Manager will oversee staff scheduling and training to ensure the hospital receives the appropriate reimbursement while conforming to applicable guidelines and regulations.
Reports To: Business Office Director
Supervises: Health Information Management Department
Bachelor’s degree required
Minimum of 5-7 years of previous experience in medical billing and coding required
CPC Certification through AAPC, AHIMA or equivalent required
Working knowledge of operating system required
Working knowledge of medical terminology required
Thorough knowledge of medical coding and the medical billing process required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to sit for long periods and to perform desk and office activities.
Category III exposure to bloodborne pathogens and may encounter chemical hazards.
1. Maintains industry standards for revenue cycle indicators as it relates to the HIM department.
2. Works with Revenue Cycle leadership to maintain integrity and meet established goals; monitors quality and productivity for assigned staff.
3. Coordinates with all departments and adheres to current coding practices.
4. Implements and maintains established department policies, procedures, and objectives.
5. Maintains required records, reports and files for area and compiling data, information, and reports as needed.
6. Manages staff schedules and time system for Payroll accuracy.
7. Communicates and presents departmental information with all appropriate parties.
8. Evaluates processes and technology and makes recommendations for process improvements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit, converse, and listen; use hands to touch, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; and to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee must be able to life and/or carry over 20 pounds on a regular basis and be able to push/pull over 25 pounds on a regular basis.
The employee must be able to stand and/or walk at least five hours per day.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.